Image by Aleksandar Malivuk, Shutterstock
Scholarships, totaling $50,000, were awarded to 10 veterinary students for 2023. The recipients were announced at the 54th AASV Annual Meeting, held in Aurora, Colorado, from March 4 to 7.
The following 10 students were each awarded a $5,000 scholarship:
- Don Banks, North Carolina State University
- Alexis Berte, Iowa State University
- Antonia DeGroot, Ontario Veterinary College
- Hope Dohlman, Iowa State University
- Hunter Everett, North Carolina State University
- Ellen Gibbs, University of Missouri
- Jack Korenyi-Both, The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Conrad Schelkopf, Kansas State University
- Adam Tatnall, University of Illinois Urbana -Champaign
- Dylan Wulfekuhle, Iowa State University
“Merck Animal Health is proud to honor these students who represent the next generation of veterinary leaders for the swine industry,” said Justin Welsh, D.V.M., executive director of livestock technical services, Merck Animal Health. “Through our partnership with AASVF, these exemplary students embody Merck Animal Health’s mission to advance the science of healthier animals. We are excited to see what the future holds as they embark on their veterinary careers.”
Second- and third-year students enrolled in American Veterinary Medical Association-accredited or recognized colleges of veterinary medicine in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, South America and the Caribbean Islands are eligible for the scholarship.